Thursday, May 3, 2012

Favorite Facets- Keep the Wedding Amazing!



Planning over 1,000 weddings has given me a unique perspective on all things “Bridal.” Most importantly it gives my clients Peace of Mind that “It’s all going to be OK!”

The experience has evolved way beyond cocktail party chatter to sharing the knowledge base with others in the industry. One of my favorite facets of my job are the speaking engagements to those professionals. There is no school of learning as credible as three decades of doing something over and over as a specialty. The speaking engagements get me out of the store, keep me fresh and allow me to interact with peers that are not from Kansas City, so often I feel like I learn more than I teach.

In a few days, I will be flying to Dallas for a really nice event for those credited with orchestrating Texas-sized celebrations.  There is a luncheon in the afternoon at which I will get acquainted with their board and then cocktails in the evening at a country club.  I will be the keynote speaker and the presentation is an adaptation of “Ten Ways to Keep Your (The) Wedding Amazing.”  This time, I will address it to the vendors as this is an inside look at what keeps my job fun and my sanity intact!

People have commented that my style of presenting is “Martha Stewart meets Dr. Phil!”  I will be sharing tips and points to consider that aren’t found in a classroom, video or trade magazine. Usually the audience has lots of questions afterwards which become almost as interesting as the presentation! War stories abound!

You can tell from the caliber of this great invitation that this will be an upscale event…(my favorite ambiance!) I’ll let you know how it goes upon return.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment