Friday, January 27, 2012

What a "sweet" way to start my day!


One of my brides, Megan B., lives in Washington, D.C. and surprised me with this gorgeous box from Georgetown Cupcake.....and it wasn't just the box!

Inside are a dozen assorted flavor cupcakes, so well packaged that even though the box came to me upside down, via Fed Ex, they weren't in the least smooshed. (Is that a word?)

My staff quickly told me of the buzz about this this shop and it's spotlight on the TLC Network. I look forward to learning more about the source...as I savor the sweets this evening at home.


Though the gift was wonderful, the words of her enclosure card touched me:

"Dear Mike,
I thank you for the experience of finding the perfect dress. I have no words for your endless kindness and generosity. I hope you enjoy a slice of DC!
Love,
Megan B.

By a "dating coincidence" was a Plus One guest at her parents' wedding 33 years ago!! Since that time, I have dressed several brides in the family.  It was fun to see both of her Grandmothers with her the day we ordered her bridal gown. 

The joy of being in business such a long time is the rich reward of such relationships.

Oh...the web site of the bakery is...... http://www.georgetowncupcake.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment